I am a photographer, writer, walker, and sometime paddler, a theologically-educated geek. Once upon a time I was an Army helicopter jockey.
With major back surgery in August 2019 and bunion repair in January 2020 now behind me, I am gearing up to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail in 2021 to celebrate my seventy-first birthday.
- Hiking at Stony BrookMilady and I got down to Stony Brook State Park a couple weeks ago. Corky sat and edited and I went walking. I was carrying the Argus C3. I started out with Ilford Delta 100, switching midway to Ilford HP5 Plus as I finished the west rim trail. It was a beautiful day. We finished up at Battle Street Brewery […]
- Quaker Pond at Mendon Ponds ParkI spent the afternoon of July 13 hiking around Quaker Pond at Mendon Ponds Park just south of Rochester. I took pictures.
- Quick updateOur son and family arrived Wednesday. The are moving back to New York from South Carolina. The Tryon household is in self-quarantine for two weeks. So far it is a relatively happy zoo and apparently healthy.
- On the trail at Mendon Ponds ParkI spent Monday afternoon hiking around Quaker Pond at Mendon Ponds Park just south of Rochester. It is a beautiful and much loved park with nooks and crannies and memorials all over.
- Sunlight at Mendon PondsMet up a friend a couple weeks ago for a photo walk in Mendon Ponds Park, another favorite place. It was a beautiful day with the sunlight filtering through the leaves.
- Reaching treeThere is a lovely little extension to Durand Eastman park extending out along the road through the park to the main street on the east. It has the most expressive trees.
- Bring your own elements EucharistSunday evening we managed to get a bunch of us together for an outdoor communion service on the little rise behind the church.
- Tangled undergrowthI tried to boost the contrast as I have done with others in this set, but did not like the results at all. I was going to dump it. Then I looked back at the original negative scan and decided I rather liked it.
- How to leave a good commentOnce upon a time I posted on my https://pearwood.deviantArt.com account a note about how to leave a good comment.
- Playground in the parkThere is a lovely little extension to Durand Eastman park extending out along the road through the park to the main street on the east. It’s an easy place for people to stop with their children