I have started blogging for The Trek. Follow me at https://thetrek.co/author/steven-tryon. This will be my primary journal site for the foreseeable future.
I am a photographer, writer, walker, and sometime paddler, a theologically-educated geek. Once upon a time I was an Army helicopter jockey.
With major back surgery in August 2019 and bunion repair in January 2020 now behind me, I am gearing up to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail in 2021 to celebrate my seventy-first birthday.
- Blogging for The TrekI have started blogging for The Trek. Follow me at https://thetrek.co/author/steven-tryon. This will be my primary journal site for the foreseeable future.
- Giving thanks in a pandemicOn this US Thanksgiving Day, in the midst of pandemic and loss, I give thanks for the simple beauty we find along the way.
- On hiatus for nowThis site is going on hiatus for a while. Look for me on DeviantArt and Instagram. Blessings,Steve
- Hiking at Stony BrookMilady and I got down to Stony Brook State Park a couple weeks ago. Corky sat and edited and I went walking. I was carrying the Argus C3. I started out with Ilford Delta 100, switching midway to Ilford HP5 Plus as I finished the west rim trail. It was a beautiful day. We finished up at Battle Street Brewery […]
- Quaker Pond at Mendon Ponds ParkI spent the afternoon of July 13 hiking around Quaker Pond at Mendon Ponds Park just south of Rochester. I took pictures.
- Quick updateOur son and family arrived Wednesday. The are moving back to New York from South Carolina. The Tryon household is in self-quarantine for two weeks. So far it is a relatively happy zoo and apparently healthy.
- On the trail at Mendon Ponds ParkI spent Monday afternoon hiking around Quaker Pond at Mendon Ponds Park just south of Rochester. It is a beautiful and much loved park with nooks and crannies and memorials all over.
- Sunlight at Mendon PondsMet up a friend a couple weeks ago for a photo walk in Mendon Ponds Park, another favorite place. It was a beautiful day with the sunlight filtering through the leaves.
- Reaching treeThere is a lovely little extension to Durand Eastman park extending out along the road through the park to the main street on the east. It has the most expressive trees.
- Bring your own elements EucharistSunday evening we managed to get a bunch of us together for an outdoor communion service on the little rise behind the church.